Sunday, March 15, 2009

Heaven, thy name is Tord Boonjte

While gazing at the other lovely (and expensive) items for sale at the Museum of Modern Art design store with a friend the other day, I not only came across these adorable rings by Soop:

(which are meant to be stacked to create cute little farmyard scenes), but also the most amazing ceiling light I've ever seen. Even the name is perfection.

Behold: the Midsummer Light by Tord Boonjte



It's made of durable paper in all sorts of flowery, forest-y shapes and comes in yellow/green, red/white, purple/white, and just white. It's whimsical and delicate and so different. I think when I finally get a permanent apt. this is gonna have to be hanging over my dining room table.

Oh, here's another thing: The MOMA store has it priced at ~$100, but I found another site that has it for only $56: http://www.unicahome.com/catalog/item.asp?id=13772

I think Titania would approve of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit Counter!

Hit Counters